For everyone who doesn’t want to totally wreck their healthy eating efforts in one weekend of chocolate gorging – try this recipe. Chocolate-y enough to satisfy even the most hardened chocoholics but packed with healthy fats, protein and antioxidants 🙂
Choc Chip Peanut Butter Easter Treats
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup low fat or almond milk
- Optional: ¼ cup of stevia
- Shredded coconut for decorating
- Heat peanut butter, coconut oil and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat until all ingredients have melted.
- In a large bowl, mix oats and milk.
- Pour peanut butter/chocolate mixture into oats.
- Stir in protein powder (and stevia if using) and mix well.
- Shape into balls and roll in coconut.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until hardened.