Are you always trying ‘to be good’ with your food choices, but get cravings for something chocolaty and lose all your willpower to resist temptation? I know that I am! On Friday night we had friends over for dinner and they asked if they could bring dessert. I pleaded with my girlfriend to bring something healthy, and OMG did she come through with the goods. She found the recipe below on the internet and I was so impressed I just had to share it with you all. Enjoy without the guilt, but you need to remember even though they are healthy you still need to exercise portion control 🙂
Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup activated nuts
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking, add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to food processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry, add either a tablespoon of water, or a drizzle more of coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Note: These freeze really well.
Not sure what activated nuts are….here’s some good information about them http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/what_are_activated_nuts